The Cinematic Fractionation: The 1920's

I've been taking a break from blogging due to several projects that needed wrapping up & giving my eyes a rest as they've been strained lately so I thought I'd post a few blogs (hopefully one decade a week) I've had sandbagged for a while now about my favorite movies, 'hope you enjoy the lists & perhaps you'll discover some new ones to watch!

My Favorite Movies by Decade

This is not a list of the best movies in each decade but a list of my personal favorites, ones that I like & can repeatedly watch… I purposely left out Christmas movies as I've already blogged on that topic.

1900 – 1920's

I know several people hate silent movies but I'm a fan of them, they fascinate me. I love seeing how people lived & acted a century ago, it's a great insight into human nature, American culture, etc & the 1920's is one of my all-time favorite eras.

The Rink (1916)



A Charlie Chaplin classic: a waiter, a beauty & a romantic quadrangle all collide at a skating party.

One Week (1920)



A Buster Keaton comedy: a build-by-numbers house project for newlyweds turns crazy when the numbers get mixed up.

The Mark of Zorro (1920) 



One of the first (if not the very first) great swashbucklers w/ Douglas Fairbanks in the lead role, he's pitch perfect in this.

Safety Last (1923)



My favorite Harold Lloyd film: a romance, a deception, a department store & a publicity stunt come to a head on a Saturday afternoon in the 20's.

Hot Water (1924)



Harold Lloyd again: a glimpse into domestic life complete w/ a live turkey, a sleepwalking relative & a new car.

Phantom of the Opera (1925) 



A socially inept Lon Chaney crushing on an opera singer...

Honorable Mention: Keystone Kops



Comments

Popular Posts