Personal Log 4.14.2018

I've been seeking the Lord more lately regarding my passion, my purpose & also why He brought me back to my fellowship… it was a good service last Sunday, I really enjoyed it. Every once in a while it's great to have a short sermon, just short & to the point, I tend to retain more when that happens & I'm not the only one.

After service there was an all-ministry meeting & though I'm actively involved in the Men's Group the man overseeing the MG was heading up the Ushers/Greeters meeting so everyone broke into their groups & I had nowhere to go. I looked around & everyone had their place & I felt so out of place so I snuck upstairs to the Music Room I've been working on, buried my face in my hands, just crying & praying, “Lord, I know You brought me back here for a reason. I feel it's music, I have such a heart for the musicians in this body but no one seems to be interested in recording, they're either too busy or personal things come up & I'm frustrated; this is my heart & it's breaking… maybe I made a mistake. I don't normally ask this but if I'm on the right path, send someone up here to confirm why You called me back here...”

Two minutes later I unburied my head, wiped my tears & took a deep breath then the worship guitarist poked his head in, “Hey” he said, “have you got a couple of minutes?” I said “sure” & he played three acoustic instrumentals for me that he had written. I encouraged him that we needed to record those because they were good, really good! I'm not going to force things w/ him, he's got a full-time job & a full-time family but I'm going to keep encouraging him & when he's ready to record, I'll help him. I feel if we can get some songs from the musicians recorded on a CD it'll spark other musicians in the fellowship to record… but recording isn't the only thing that the Lord has been drawing me to; social media is the other. 

Personal interaction & ministry is one thing, 
social media interaction & ministry is another; 
both are important. 

I've got a couple of personal recording projects I'm working on at the moment & though I've been on there for a few years, lately I've really been getting serious about Google+, they have something called Hangouts, which is a chat/video feature, like Skype but much better: Hangouts also had an option called Google Hangouts on Air, which allowed Google+ users to broadcast video calls live on YouTube but it has now been moved to Youtube & is called Youtube Live & this feature has gained traction as a free way for organizations to conduct online seminars/webinars, create teaching videos, etc. So I'm considering doing some personal Acoustic Concert Hangouts/Youtube Live stuff & I've setup my fellowship's Music Room for the same thing, perhaps once a month we can record some jam sessions up there & it may draw musicians to our fellowship, who knows?

Regarding social media, I do feel that many fellowships really underestimate the power & the reach of social media. Jesus went where the people were & today, many people are online.  Yes, many do attend a fellowship & many are active in their community, but few have the ability to combine all three. 

Right now I'm personally focused on Google+ & Twitter… I think my fellowship could benefit from tapping into a handful of social media platforms for exposure, ministry & outreach; that's something else I'm praying about too... 

        

Comments

  1. I often think about how tragic it is that I have buried my musical talent, and for a long time...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts