Personal Log 8.9.21

It's been a while since I've blogged anything so here's an update of what's been going on:

I'm busy. Methinks at times a little too busy but nonetheless busy. 

My folks are getting older & age is catching up w/ them. I'm grateful I still have my parents but as we all know, no one lives forever. They have their health issues & like my friend Nathan (who's a computer junkie) once told me, “hardware [eventually] breaks down...”

My oldest brother, who lives 3 hours away, is moving 30 minutes away to be closer to them & I'll have to help him move around the end of the month.

Over the last month, we've had relatives coming in & out of town it seems every 72 hours, some I haven't seen in 15+ years. My mom's brother & sister from New Mexico popped in this week... my nephew & his wife from Germany are here & will be leaving this weekend… my little brother is coming in this weekend… all to see the folks & I'm hoping that's not an omen. It looks like it's not going to stop for awhile either.

On top of that, I'm engaged in taking care of some lawns, landscaping & various projects for some elderly people & at times, putting in some 14 – 15 hour days.

Not to mention in what spare time I do have (which usually runs between 10 pm – 2 am) I've been splitting my time between writing, re-writing & re-arranging some original worship songs for a CD project & trying to get a regular schedule going for an instrumental project of musicians in my fellowship. There's been a few times that I've dozed off w/ a guitar in my hand, yeah I'm that tired.

I could share more but I'm just not going to as I've got to get rolling.

I hope that no one is offended if I've not gotten back w/ them right away. Over the last 5 years, I've had my share of reaching out & getting zero responses, whether that's phone calls, texts, emails, video calls, you name it. At first it bothered me but I realized that people have their reasons (health issues, job issues, tech issues, bad timing, whatever) & I needed to walk in forgiveness. If there's one thing I've learned over & over it's this: just forgive. Forgive quickly & forgive completely. 

Life is too short to hold onto anything but the promises of God.

That's it for now, I'll get back to blogging when the time is right. 

Comments

  1. It is quite true. We all break down. Things break down and on top of that nature beats us down is a whole variety of ways. The key is, live in the now, appreciate what you have and always show love, even when it is seemingly impossible. Forgiveness is key, not for them but for you.

    A wise captain of a certain Enterprise once said, "Cherish each moment, because this time never happens again."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts