Personal Log 9.24.23

This was another rough week, 'had a few attacks from the enemy, it gets old but I'm still standing...

During one of my insomnia-laden nights & was just lying there, praying about a few things when suddenly I started thinking about the wife of a friend of mine & wondered how she was doing. We actually went to church together a few years ago where her uncle was the pastor. She was happily married (still is) & we got along pretty well as she was a solid Christian. Anyway, she just kept coming to my mind & since I couldn't sleep, I did a quick search of her & found an interesting video where she was being interviewed by an atheist. I thought, "Great, she's gonna wipe the floor with him!". Well, it turns out that her search for truth actually led her out of Christianity & this was her journey.    

Long story short: she wanted a deeper relationship w/ God but fell off the deep end. She had questions that no one could answer & the Bible quit making sense to her. The interviewer, also an ex-Christian, even quoted Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding" & they both essentially blew that verse off, saying things have to make some kind of sense. 

Well folks, that's not faith. Not everything makes sense. I do not, in any way, shape or form, understand the book of Ezekial; 'not gonna lose my salvation over it though.  

They also went on about the Bible being a book that a bunch of dead guys wrote & many of the stories are also found in Greek & Persian mythology, etc. At the end of the video I just laid there in disbelief. She had led worship, taught classes, she & her husband adopted a boy because she couldn't get pregnant, then God opened her womb & she gave birth to a healthy baby girl, now she just doesn't believe anymore. She's raising their kids without her "imaginary friend" there. I was so disheartened & spent the next few hours keeping her in prayer but, like the atheist interviewer, she said no amount of talking is going to change her mind, it's made up. She just doesn't believe anymore...

Hebrews 11:6 = you must believe that God exists; that's the first thing & if you don't believe that, what's the point of everything else?

I look back at many of my friends who were in ministry & most of them are now not, their marriages disintegrated, they've remarried to other people & they're just not walking w/ God anymore, it's evident. 

My new pc came, it had Windows 10 on it & I expeditiously removed it & installed AV Linux. Expeditiously is the wrong word, it wasn't w/ prompt efficiency; I ran into some roadblocks regarding uefi vs legacy & all that jazz. Overall, it loaded & I'm happy w/ it. AV Linux is quite the distro; I'll be using OBS quite a bit.

'Not much more to say other than Fall is my favorite time of the year & it's finally here! Christmas is my favorite holiday & it's three months away; so hard to wait...  

Comments

Popular Posts