Personal Log 11.5.23

This was another very tiring few weeks, ‘really trying [my faith/patience] in many areas… 

My mom had some up & down days but she’s just so emotional & me, having never grown up with sisters nor having ever gotten married; is having a hard time w/ her emotional state. I have very little tolerance for it though I am trying… sometimes I just have to walk away as I have no idea how to deal w/ it. I feel the same way w/ the Men’s Group; everyone in it is married & I… just… can’t… relate…

2 & half weeks ago I woke up one morning & my throat was raw & it was hard to swallow, after two days I could barely talk, ‘was constantly coughing & ‘just exhausted. So on top of taking care of my mom, I was dealing w/ my own health. Seven days later I was feeling almost back to normal (whatever that is!); 14+ days later & I’m still hacking things up & just tired...

When there’s a lot of mucus, I’m told that you’re supposed to avoid dairy as that makes it worse. Well, this is hard as I use cream in my coffee & also consume a lot of milk, yogurt, etc. So, I’ve been drinking black coffee w/ either a dash of maple syrup or a dash of blackstrap molasses. I really forgot just how good blackstrap molasses is for flavoring & it’s rather healthy too!

 


There’s been talk of Twitter / X going behind a paywall, if that happens, I’ll be an “ex” user. It’s fun, but not worth paying for. I am sticking around to see if the potential video calling will be free or not (most likely not); if it is I may just put the app on my phone as I’ve been doing a lot of video calling lately but I’m still a fan of Skype so that would [probably] take precedence. 

For the record, I do not have what’s commonly called Zoom fatigue. 

While I’m on the subject of video calling, as I said in my last blog, Skype Meet Now came to the rescue when Jitsi Meet royally failed me. I’m really quite bummed about Jitsi Meet, it was perfect until it wasn’t & the app was the only app I had on every single mobile device I owned; that’s how much I loved it… so going forward, I’m heavily leaning toward using Skype / Skype Meet Now for ministry. I’ve used Skype w/ my family for years w/ zero problems & Microsoft has really improved the app alongside it’s Microsoft Teams. Believe it or not, I find myself on Skype 5 out of 7 days during the week; at least the app is open & people can get a hold of me whenever they want. 


I deactivated my Facebook account a couple of years ago & just recently, I’ve been getting a lot of email notifications from FB, which makes me think that after a while FB reactivates a deactivated account. So I logged into FB & yep, it was reactivated. If I wanted to reactivate it, I would have; I don’t need FB making decisions for me, ‘just another reason to hate FB. While I was on there, I did a quick perusal of my timeline & ‘know what I saw? Five pictures of women breastfeeding, their breasts out there in the open for all to see. This is what FB has become: censorship, nonsense, nudity... Yet, people still refuse to leave the platform.

I had to pick some end-of-the-season tomatoes before the frost/snow hit, so I have a bit of green tomatoes I need to do something with. Of, course I can always make some salsa verde but I thought I’d try my hand at some fried green tomatoes. So, I got my flour, egg mixture & cornmeal ready then did my thing. They didn’t turn out bad at all but I just don’t like fried green tomatoes... 


Anyway, it’s been rough & I’m tired, sometimes just tired of the same ole thing in every area of life.

Comments

Popular Posts