Personal Log: The Box

By the end of the year I hope to be Windows free.

Like many people, I grew up w/ Windows; I've seen everything from 3.1 to Windows 10. For many years, it was the only operating system I ever knew; it was safe & I was comfortable.

A few years ago I grew tired of Microsoft, tired of Windows, tired of spending money on their products, tired of blue screens, tired of limitations, tired of the same old thing so I decided to give Linux a try; it was different, fresh... long gone were the stories of horror, how hard it was & the idea that you had to be a programming genius use it. The new Linux, w/ it's many flavors was easy to install & easier to use. 

Sometimes you just have to let go of the old, let go of the familiar, let go the of the comfortable & what you grew up w/.

This can apply to so many things in life, especially the Church/Ekklesia & how they gather:

  • The same day every week...
  • The same time... 
  • The same format... 
  • The same sound... 
  • The same voice...
  • The same reactions...
  • The same results...

It's Windows & some people just don't want to change. 

There's two places:

  • inside the box
  • outside the box

There's two questions:

  • where are you?
  • where is God?

Now, we can get super-spiritual about this & say God works inside & outside the box because He works through people, regardless of where they are in relation to the box; but so often people think it has to be inside the box, that's where their comfort is & that's where they operate from.

If there's one thing that Linux has taught me it's this: 
You can still get the job done & not use the usual operating system & methods.

A new era had arrived for me, for me at least, in more ways than one...

Comments

Popular Posts