The Vision Vivification

I attended a Men's Ministry meeting this week & it was the usual thing: the focus, the projects, the activities; it was really good but it was all over the place & this got me thinking of vision.

I had a vision test recently; I knew my vision had changed & I was seeing things differently but I didn't know how much it had changed & how much I had gradually adjusted to it, losing my clarity & brightness.




There's two prominent verses in the Bible regarding vision:

Proverbs 29:18
"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." 

Habakkuk 2:2
"Write the vision and make it plain..."

Sometimes our eyesight changes, whether that's due to age, disease, whatever; this can can happen individually & as well as corporately; sometimes the vision for the fellowship/community/ministry is just not clear.

There's a famous line in the movie “Field of Dreams” = “If you build it they will come”. Well, it worked in the movie but it doesn't always work in real life. Sometimes you need clear goals & objectives, sometimes you need to trade your wide beam in for a laser. Look at how Jesus did this:

The Law is 613 commands, 
summarized into 10, 
simplified into 2: 
"Love God w/ everything in you 
& love others w/ that same intensity" 
(my paraphrase).

Now that's crystal clear, that's taking a vision & making it plain; you & everyone can run w/ something that!

The full verse in Habakkuk is this (Amplified Bible):
“And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by” 

I encourage you to get a regular vision check, not just in a broad sense in what Jesus calls all His followers to do but also in your own personal ministry:

Write it down.
Write it out.
Make it plain.
Simplify it.
Tweak it.
Nail it down.
Nail it up.
Post it.
Memorize it.
Run w/ it.  



Comments

Popular Posts