Personal Log: Aftermath

I don't usually write about political stuff or things like that on this blog; there are so many other bloggers out there that are more eloquent than I am so I leave the political arena to them & write about my faith or my hobbies or whatnot; but it's been a little over a month since the US Presidential Elections & here are my observations:

I've never seen anything like this before in my life, seriously.

I've never seen such bias & such vitrolic hate for an incoming President, it's really unreal. It's fairly well known that for the most part the US media is very liberal; in the past year I've neither seen in the news programs nor read in any newspaper anything negative about Liberal/Democrats or their candidates, especially Hillary Clinton. On the other hand, anything Conservative/Republican was/is scrutinized, criticized & villianized, especially Donald Trump.

It was a vicious election & this is how it was painted: 
  • he could do no right, she could do no wrong; period. 
  • she was a sure thing & he had no chance.

Then Election Day came.  
Election Night it all changed.

Many people were in tears… in shock…  many were scared… many others were relieved that the liberal reign was coming to an end; they had enough of people telling them how to think, what they should believe, etc.

Some people made videos apologizing for America, others made videos apologizing for those apologizing for America.

Protests turned into riots.
Colleges canceled classes.
Puppy dogs had to be brought in.
There was a run on coloring books.

I was watching this whole thing unfold & thought to myself, “what a bunch of crybabies, is this the future? Is this the generation that will one day lead this country? What a mess”. They could really take a lesson from Conservatives who lost the last two Presidential Elections, there were no riots, no chants of “not my President!”; they took a deep breath & took the high road each time, respecting the democratic process, respecting the office & the person who held it; not so w/ Liberals:

Hillary Clinton said if Donald Trump didn't accept the election results he would be threat to democracy; now that the shoe is on the other foot, the election results are contested, recounts are done & no one, not even the liberal media says a word about a “threat to [our] democracy”.

Liberals, in a last-ditch effort, are pressuring the Electoral College to vote for anyone other than Donald Trump.

Liberals are calling for people to disrupt the Inauguration.



It's hard for me to wrap my head around this behavior... 

So here we are over a month later & nothing has really changed. The newspapers are all anti-Trump, every single commentary. The news outlets are still biased, that's obvious. Our country is more divided than it ever was & I hate seeing it that way.



Comments

Popular Posts