The DISC Test

So I've been a little bit sidelined lately w/ my car issues; first I replaced the fuel filter (well, my brother did) & my car took out on me, then I replaced the fuel pump (again, mainly my brother there) & will take the car for a test spin later today… but the last couple of weeks have given me the opportunity to pause, think & pray about my gifting(s) & my purpose.

Years ago I took the DISC test, you know that personality test that was all the rage back then; it's still pretty useful in narrowing down what type of person you are & where you fit in a group, fellowship, etc. Back then, I was a C Personality (actually I was CSI in that order, I'd joke about being forensic & working w/ dead things, etc); I retook it again recently & guess what I am now? A solid C Personality, which is characterized by the following:

  • accurate, precise, detail-oriented, conscientious 
  • think very analytically, systematically 
  • make decisions carefully w/ plenty of research & information to back it up
  • very high standards for both themselves & others 
  • because they focus on the details & see what many other styles do not, they tend to be good problem solvers & very creative people
  • brings perspective to groups & tend to be the "anchor of reality" in team thought
  • think through every detail of how it works & the process
  • will make realistic estimates & will voice the problems that they see with the plan or already existing system 
  • is conscientious & even tempered 
  • will avoid conflict rather than argue
  • will complete tasks they've committed to & will be very thorough 
  • take great pride in doing their work accurately
  • are excellent people to analyze, research, or test information
  • are very effective trouble shooters
  • desire independence & autonomy
  • are instinctive organizers, who can both create & maintain systems
  • have a tendency to focus on tasks more than people & to want to work alone
  • will need to push themselves to be decisive & take risks, even if all the research isn't there to support it

That's just a general description of what the C Personality is; I do fit most of that though at times I do like a good argument & sometimes I like to just shake things up.

I've been alone most (well, all) of my life so working alone doesn't bother me: I've written songs by myself, recorded entire projects alone, etc but lately I've been feeling the need/desire to collaborate as in songwriting, music projects, etc, perhaps that's just God stretching me out of my comfort zone. 

There's quite a bit of talent in my fellowship & I have a burden/desire to unlock that talent, maybe my personality type will help me find where I belong...

Comments

Popular Posts