Personal Log 10.4.2021

'Just a quick update on what's been going & where I'm headed… 
 
So, over a month ago I got COVID.  
It was not fun. 
I'm over it now. 
'Still very much fatigued & tired. 
 
Needless to say, I'm over a month behind on everything: 
- outdoor projects 
- indoor projects 
- lawn/landscaping projects 
- recording/songwriting projects 
- video conferencing projects 

To be honest, I'm really not much of a tech guy. Yeah, I can tear a washing machine apart but putting it back together? Forget about it! I can look at the insides of a pc & somewhat tell what's going on… I can install all kinds of Linux & Ubuntu distros & software on just about any pc but when there are deep technical issues sometimes I have no idea how to fix them (though the distros I personally use have zero issues w/ them). 
 
I can video conference but setting up meetings is still foreign to me & at times, I have difficulty navigating the software, especially on a tablet. Case in point, I used Skype for a few years “way back when” then stopped using it for whatever reason (I thought it was going nowhere as it was “eh”). Recently though, I'm getting back into it to keep in touch w/ family & for my elderly folks to keep in touch w/ their remaining siblings & grandkids… 
 
I'm not a fan of Microsoft (nor it's founder) in any way, shape or form, but when they acquired Skype the features & quality vastly improved so I have to give them some credit; now it's fast, sleek, user friendly (except on tablets) & actually somewhat of a joy to use. My software of choice for video chat is still Google Meet & I can use Zoom when necessary but Skype is something of an old sweater that you found buried in the closet & realize that it still fits & keeps you warm. 
 
I say all that to say this: among all the other things I'm doing ministry-wise I feel like the Lord wants me to get into video, specifically video chat/conference [ministry]. This must be God because of two things: I'm not comfortable w/ it & I'm not good at it. God is an expert at getting people out of their comfort zones & relying solely on Him to do what He's put on their hearts to do. 
 
So, I have a 7” tablet that I use exclusively for Skype (& eventually, Zoom). What are the applications? Here's some of the things I'm looking at & praying about: 
 
- end of the month virtual Men's Group Meeting: we meet in person twice a month & if there's a 5 week month, use that last week to meet online & touch base w/ everyone... discuss a strategy on reaching/connecting w/ more men the fellowship… discuss on how to impact the community for Christ… bring in a guest speaker like the local police or fire chaplain to share their hearts… disciple each other… discuss the practical applications of the pastor's sermon & how we implemented it… 
 
- when the Men's Group does meet in person, install a webcam so that those who can't physically be there can still be a part of the group & contribute to it; I'm sure some of the men would appreciate that 
 
- once a month virtual Worship Team Bible Study, on worship related topics such as: the 53 different Hebrew words used for praise/worship... the presence of the Lord... the glory of the Lord... holiness & purity... grace… Kingdom mindsets & living... new songs & songwriting techniques… music theory… casting a vision for discipling the next generation of worshipers… 
 
- connecting w/ other Men's Groups in the area: How can we pray for you? How can we work w/ you? 
 
- connecting w/ the youth & perhaps giving some online music lessons & tips on worship leading… 

There's so many possibilities & variables in connecting w/ others “face to face” so to speak & I'm not talking making it an hour long, 20 – 25 minutes is fine. 

 I'll be honest, this is in the “idea” phase & I don't know where it's going, I'm praying it out as I explore it more. There should be something in place as several prophetic voices have said that Facebook & Twitter are going down & it's just good to connect w/ others, both in person & online, especially w/ Winter around the corner & more people not wanting to venture out. 

That's where I'm at right now, writing/rewriting/recording songs & now video chat/ministry on the horizon. 

Note: as I'm posting this, Facebook, Instagram & Whatsapp are all down.

Comments

Popular Posts