Personal Log 10.25.21

So, I'm moving forward w/ my worship recording project. I was waiting on feedback from the woman who will be singing on it for possible changes in arrangement/key but she's incredibly busy & hasn't had time to even listen to the sampler! I respect that she's busy & now the Holidays are upon us but I cannot wait on her anymore, I'm just going to go ahead & lay all the tracks down. If I have to re-record it all  to suit her I will, it'll give me experience & hone my skills in some areas. I've learned it's always good to look at the bright side of things… besides, she has two attributes that I love: a pure heart of worship & a Grammy-worthy voice. 

This taught me a lesson: sometimes we're waiting on people who are, in turn, waiting on us. We often transfer that to God = waiting on Him to do something while He's waiting on us to do something so He can do something for/through us. One of us has to step out in faith & I got a feeling it's not God…

There's always a timing factor involved in doing what you feel God wants you to do. Now, over the last 15 – 20 years I've led several Small Groups, most of which were very successful but I had to wait until the timing was right:

Classic Cafe: I showed classic movies on the big screen at our youth center on main street once a month; it was open to the community & we had fun & met so many people. I hated to end it as I had 322 more movies to show but to everything there is a time & a season...

Acoustic Cafe: I simply opened up the church building once a month to the area musicians of all ages & they all showed up & had fun. When it was time to end it, a married couple immediately asked to take it over & continue it which they did for a few years. I was so proud of them.

Mayberry Bible Study: This had been on my heart for at least two years before the opportunity presented itself in the form of an interim tenure I oversaw w/ our Men's Group. We simply watched The Andy Griffith Show once or twice a month & I facilitated the discussion of the moral lessons in the episode. It was fantastic, different, popular & a very non-threatening thing to bring your unsaved friends to.  Technically, it wasn't a Small Group just a different manifestation of the Men's Group but I treated it as a Small Group. When I do it again, it'll be outside the Church building somewhere in the community.

Computer/Website Design: The very first Small Group I ever headed up w/ a friend of mine. We spoke on computer code & how websites are made. We had one & half classes before we folded as only one person showed up & even we (the teachers) were bored. We quickly realized it was a mistake, it was a failure & it was a lesson learned… 

The successes & the failures I experienced w/ these Small groups have helped me in my faith journey & for that I'm grateful. I don't rush into things anymore, I contemplate them as I pray them out.

So, as I'm moving forward w/ this recording project I'm praying about teaching music & mentoring area artists via Zoom/Skype. I'd love to do this w/ the musicians in our fellowship either on site or online but it seems they're just uninterested. So I'm waiting on God & when the time is right to start the next thing, He'll be waiting on me.

Comments

Popular Posts