Personal Log 4.8.23: Face to Face

 So I took an allergy pill last night & it knocked me out.

I mean Knocked. Me. Out. 

It was the first night I slept well for many-a-month. Night after night, week after week of only getting a couple of hours of sleep can take it's toll on a body, but last night the Lord was gracious & merciful to me. 

In my dream, I was studying the Bible, 'not sure what book it was as I can't remember much of my dreams (they're usually all over the place) but this one I do remember studying the Bible, line by line, word by word, context & commentaries alike. It seemed real, but I knew I was dreaming & I woke up knowing that I needed to do that more so I guess I'll be going to bed later or getting up earlier or simply rearranging my priorities. In Men's Group, I keep extolling the virtues of the audio Bible: play it when you're in your car going to & fro, play it when you're making supper or working on a project in the garage or when you're mowing your lawn or going for a run.

Get the Word in you, constantly dwell on it, constantly study it. Let it be life unto you, let it be a light unto to you...

Well, it's finally Spring & the weather is slowly getting the memo. I love Fall & Winter but you can't live in the season you love all year round, you wouldn't appreciate it without the other seasons that you're not crazy about. So I have to endure Summer for a while. The bright side? In a couple of months the days start getting shorter then Fall, glorious Fall :)

I really do hope we have quite a few outdoor services this year, weather permitting. I was doing some research a week ago & came across a church fellowship that wanted to include the community, so they decided on an outdoor, dog-friendly service. They put up posters that read "Bring your dog to Church!" (or something like that) & when the service time came around, it was a pretty good turnout! The people heard the gospel, the dogs heard the gospel, it was fun. They had a cookout afterward, the owners took their dogs for a walk en masse; it was a great time of outreach & fellowship! They retained quite a few of those people as a small group ministry came out of it.

Video chat/ministry has been huge on me lately. It's one thing to connect w/ each other via email, calling/texting or posting on social media but there's something about looking into the eyes/face of another person. I used to write all that off (Facetime, etc) but I've since repented of that mindset & now realize the importance of it, there's a connection that happens when eyes lock, even across the globe...

Well, that's it for now. Tomorrow is Easter/Resurrection Sunday. We're having a family get-together & I'm preparing the meal for everyone. This has been in the works for some time; my folks are elderly & you never know how long you have them for. Every family member is on loan from God.

Have a good week, 'will post more later, maybe even a vlog or two (just testing the waters)!


   

Comments

Popular Posts