Hotspots: Hebrews 10:25 Part I

I'm starting a new series called “Hotspots” that will be addressing, dealing w/ & correcting some religious mindsets on various topics. I have a saying, “Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow, that's why you need to wash it down w/ the Word”.

Hebrews 10:25
"... forsake not the gathering of yourselves together as is the habit of some"

Here are some Tweets & Google+ posts I've seen over the last year regarding Hebrews 10:25, check out the religious mindsets, misinterpretation & misapplication of this Scripture w/ my response(s) following:

  • If you don't go to Church you will not BE the Church. #hebrews1025 #Faithseed 

Jesus said they'll be an end to location-based worship (John 4:21).
We are the Ekklesia, walls do not define nor contain us.


  • It is important to be under a covering where you can be accountable as well as a witness to other people! #Hebrews1025 

Jesus is our covering, people are not. If anything happened to your human "covering" are you suddenly uncovered? What does this have to do w/ the verse at hand?


  • In the "post-Christian America" Sunday is the new Saturday. #forsakenottheassemblingofyourselves #hebrews1025

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Matthew 12:8).
Jesus is our Sabbath rest (Hewbrews 4:9-10).


  • YOU need to get to Church today! There's a blessing with your name on it! #GetToChurch #Hebrews1025 

I'm already blessed w/ every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3).
My blessing is not contingent on where I'm physically at.
My blessing is because of Christ & Him w/ me (Matthew 28:20) & in me (Col 1:27).


  • If your #faith can't even get you out of bed in the morning for #church, chances are it won't get you to #heaven. #KnowThyself #Hebrews1025

The stupidity of this statement speaks for itself.


  • How many church services would there be if everyone stayed home when you do? #Hebrews1025 

Guilt, Guilt, Guilt.
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).


  • The night you stay home from Church could be the Service that God would given you your miracle.. #Hebrews1025 

I didn't realize that miracles where confined to a location & time...


  • 94% of Americans believe in God, but only 17% were in church last Sunday.” Not good #Hebrews1025 


Who conducted this poll?
How many of these had to work last Sunday?
How many of these took a Sunday off or were on vacation?
How many went to a Saturday evening service?
How is this information even relevant?
How many of these “Christians” that were in “Church” last Sunday are active their community like Jesus was?
What if the 83% that weren't in “Church” last Sunday were volunteering at food banks or shelters & witnessing at the beach, parks or golf courses?
What if they were busy actually BEING the Church?


  • ask yourself this: What will YOU deify to justify missing church this morning? #Hebrews1025 #NoOtherGodsBeforeMe 

Some people make a god out of their church service & attendance...


  • If I were Satan, I'd convince a society, w/ the most potential for revival, that church attendance was optional. #Hebrews1025 

I would not want to be Satan, period. If I were though, I'd twist the meaning of Scripture around to make it mean something it doesn't.


  • You'll never get the most out of your relationship with God when you don't make it a point to be in His house. #GoToChurch
  • Excuses are running out & getting old. God deserves our very best !! Get up & Go to the Fathers house. #gotochurch 

Old Covenant = I was glad when they said unto me let us go to the house of the Lord (Psalm 122:1).

New Covenant = God dwells in a house not made w/ hands (Acts 7:48, 17:24).

Can you see the religious mindsets we're up against here? Now, let me say this up front: I'm all for Believers getting together; w/ that said let's move on to Part II.

Comments

Popular Posts