Saturday Reverie 4.2.2016

reverie: a state of dreamy meditation or fanciful musing…

I can honestly say I've never experienced a week of such extreme contrasts as this week was:

Sunday: I watched the long awaited superhero movie “Batman vs Superman”. As a fan of the previous movie “Man of Steel” I was looking forward to this but I struggled to stay awake during this overlong snooze fest. The running time was around  2.5 hours, which to me was about 2 hours too long. It was dark, depressing & just dragged on… I found myself wanting to yell at the screen, “Do something! Show some emotion!” but the pacing was so slow I just lost interest. It's a sad day when the best part about a Superman/Batman mashup movie is Wonder Woman & the end credits.



Monday: Supergirl succeeded where Superman failed. Seriously. I'm not kidding. On Monday's episode of Supergirl, the Flash showed up & it was amazing = bright, lite, funny & fast paced; before I knew it the episode was over & I wanted to see it again. It was the complete contrast of what I had seen not 24 hours earlier in the DC Universe. 

Tuesday: I had zero energy, motivation & inspiration. I just did not feel like doing anything. My eyes struggled to stay open, blogs just weren't flowing, ideas weren't coming & the day felt like that Superman movie I was trying to forget.

Wednesday: The complete opposite of the day before = non-stop action (just like that Supergirl episode I could not forget), ideas were like popcorn popping in my brain, I just couldn't keep up w/ them all, they were coming that fast; it was a good day.

Thursday: My usual songwriting day. I had nothing. My brain was a desert, my creativity the tumbleweed. I couldn't write a song to save my life, not even a bad song! All the notes & chords sounded the same to me, the words were elusive, everything was dry as dust…

Friday: If Thursday was a desert, Friday was a rainforest. By the time it was over, I had nine songs sitting in front of me, some old, some new, some partially re-written, others completely. Notes were all over the place regarding effects & arrangements. I was drenched.

That was my week of extremes: bored, entertained, slow, fast, dry, wet. That's life & this week, I lived it.

Comments

Popular Posts