2017: The Final Post

Observations

2017 was unlike any year I have ever seen in my life & was replete w/ the following:

  • protests
  • riots
  • marches
  • boycotts
  • resistance
  • obstructions
  • offenses
  • divisions
  • investigations
  • accusations
  • resignations
  • revelations
  • domestic/global tensions
  • chicanery
  • general shenanigans


It was polarizing to say the least. Whether it's Americans or Christians we all have core/different beliefs but if there were two things I came away w/ in 2017 it was these:

1)
Not everyone is an _______ist.
Not everything is an _______ism.

2)
Define your core values & find those values in others, make those values a bridge instead of a wall.

Completions

I finally went to a Neal Morse concert. The Neal Morse Band is a phenomenal Christian progressive rock band w/ intense lyrics & complex compositions all wrapped up in concept albums. It left me speechless… & I was challenged to up my game in regards to my musical skills.

I spent the better part of 2017 creating a music room for my fellowship. In 2016 I was wrestling w/ whether it was God's will for me to come back to my old fellowship but I felt it was & acted in faith & rejoined. One day I was walking around & saw all these instruments laying around & felt in my spirit to create a music room for teaching, writing & recording. So I got permission from leadership & converted a spare room where creativity is exploding.



My folks love croquet & they've had this certain croquet set for around 50 years; it was in halfway decent shape but in my spare time I cleaned it up, painted some mallets & built a case for them. We played quite a bit this year & I wouldn't trade those times for anything... 

Projections

Looking forward to 2018 here's what I'd like to do:

  • record at least 2 CD's and/or EP's from musicians in my fellowship 
  • record a Christmas CD w/ said musicians
  • record a solo acoustic worship CD
  • record another instrumental rock CD


We'll see what happens though, I'm not forcing things nor am I sweating things, 'just taking life one day at a time & really desiring a greater revelation of Jesus for myself, my fellowship & for America.

Here's to 2018!

Comments

Popular Posts