Presidential Quotes: Woodrow Wilson

 Woodrow Wilson, 28th US President


“If you lose your wealth, you have lost nothing; if you lose your health, you have lost something; but if you lose your character, you have lost everything.”

“The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people.”

“I have always been among those who believed that the greatest freedom of speech was the greatest safety, because if a man is a fool, the best thing to do is to encourage him to advertise the fact by speaking.”

“...I do not want a government that will take care of me, I want a government that will make other men take their hands off me so I can take care of myself.”

“I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.”

“No man has ever risen to the stature of spiritual manhood until he has found that it is finer to serve somebody else than it is to serve himself.”

“Men grow by having responsibility laid upon them.”

“No people are true Christians who do not think constantly of how they can lift their brother and sister, how they can assist their friends, how they can enlighten mankind, how they can make virtue the rule of conduct in the circle in which they live.”

“The only use of an obstacle is to be overcome. All that an obstacle does with brave men is, not to frighten them, but to challenge them.”

“America was born a Christian nation. America was born to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness, which are derived from Holy Scripture. Ladies and gentlemen, I have a very simple thing to ask of you. I ask of every man and woman in this audience that, from this night on, they will realize that part of the destiny of America lies in their daily perusal of this great Book of revelations. (The Bible) That if they would see America free and pure they will make their own spirits free and pure by the baptism of Holy Scripture.”

“I am sorry for men who do not read the Bible every day. I wonder why they deprive themselves of the strength and pleasure.”

Comments

Popular Posts