Presidential Quotes: Ulysses S. Grant

 Ulysses S. Grant, 18th US President



“In every battle there comes a time when both sides consider themselves beaten, then he who continues the attack wins.”

“There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party.”

“The most confident critics are generally those who know the least about the matter criticized.”

“... anything is better than indecision. We must decide. If I am wrong, we shall soon find out and can do the other thing. But not to decide wastes both time and money and may ruin everything.”

“Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet-anchor of your liberties; write its precepts in your hearts, and practice them in your lives.”

“Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor.”

“I will not move my army without onions.”

“I'm afraid I'm elected.”

Comments

Popular Posts