Mordecai Part IV

These are the notes I have for the Mordecai series I wrote for the Men's Group...

Mordecai Part IV

ATTRIBUTE #4 = Man of WISDOM

Esther 2:10, 20 “Esther had not showed (nāḡaḏ = tell, announce, declare) her people nor her kindred: for Mordecai had charged her that she should not show it.”

Mordecai knew this information [that Esther was a Jew] would have maximum impact at the right time & advised her accordingly. Giving out extra information, blurting out what you know or what you think people should know, etc can be a sign of immaturity & also a lack of self-control.

Ecclesiastes 3:7b “… a time to be keep silence (ḥāšâ = quiet, still, inactive) a time to speak (dāḇar = to converse)"

James 3:13 “Who is wise (sophos = learned, of Jewish theologians, of Christian teachers) and understanding (epistēmōn = experienced) among you? Let them show (deiknyō = to show by words or teach) it by their good life (anastrophē = manner of life, conduct, behavior), by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.”

Mordecai's life anyone? Esther's life? The more I read the Book of Esther & the more I study Mordecai, the more I see applications for our Christian walk. Look at James 3 again, “who is learned & experienced among you?” Every fellowship should be connecting w/ every generation & the older I get, the more I'm trying to connect w/ those who have battle scars, who've been through a few things, who've walked the path before me & can help me navigate the rough waters. Sometimes, to be honest, I do neglect them & that bothers me…

Proverbs 2:6 “For the LORD gives wisdom (ḥāḵmâ = prudence); from His mouth come knowledge (daʿaṯ = perception, discernment) and understanding (tāḇûn = insight).”

Perception, discernment, insight, all attributes of the Spirit.

I Corinthians 1:24 “But unto them which are called (klētos = divinely selected & appointed), both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power (dynamis = moral power, excellence of soul, influence) of God, and the wisdom (sophia = the act of always giving the sagest advice, the wisdom of God as evinced in forming and executing counsels in the formation & government of the world & the scriptures) of God.”

I want you to see this about Christ:

- the power of God

- the wisdom of God

Here's the cool thing: He's in us (Colossians 1:27).

- I Corinthians 1:30 “and because of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom (sophia) from God...”

- James 1:5 “if any of you lacks wisdom (sophia), let him ask of God, who gives generously (didōmi = to supply necessary things, give forth from one's self)

Comments

Popular Posts