Personal Log 11.5.22

 This week went by too fast, like eerily-Twilight-Zone fast; it was Sunday night & all of a sudden it's Saturday morning, 'haven't had a week like that in some time…

Tomorrow morning is Men's Group, we're delving into Mordecai Part II; talking about how Mordecai inquired every day as to how Esther was, the verse goes like this:

Esther 2:11 “And Mordecai walked every day (yôm = time, period) before the court of the women's house, to know (yāḏaʿ = perceive & see) how Esther did, and what should become (ʿāśâ = to be produced) of her.”

& going into

Hebrews 3:13 “But exhort (parakaleō = to encourage, strengthen, instruct, teach) one another daily (kata = through out) (hekastos = each, every) (hēmera = the space of twenty four hours), while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.”

A couple of years ago my pastor preached on a series about meeting/connecting w/ people during the week; well for some reason that kinda fell flat. 'Not sure how the Early Church did it, did they shut down their businesses during the day and meet? Did they meet in the evenings? I really don't know but what I do know is this: the constant contact, the constant sharpening of irons forged something that has lasted over 20 centuries. The funny thing is, they had no Internet, no social media, no Facebook or Youtube, no Zoom, Facetime or Skype. We have all these things, we have incredible technology at our disposal meant to connect us & we're still the most disconnected people on the planet…

I'm trying to change that by meeting w/ the men every Sunday morning at the church building & every Wednesday evening online (MG+). The virtual meeting is taking off faster than the onsite but I'm doing what I can do to connect w/ others. It would be nice if we revisited my pastor's sermon on meeting during the week, maybe twice a month, for coffee, brunch, Saturday breakfast, etc. I need to think/pray on that, a bi-monthly-mid-morning-midweek-coffee-Bible-study-prayer-something for the men or perhaps a mid-week mid-morning Mayberry Bible Study, something to think about.

My word for this week was:

Insouciant = free from concern, worry or anxiety.

Psalm 55:22

"Cast (šālaḵ = hurl, fling) your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain (kûl = nourish) you; He shall never permit (nāṯan = give over, deliver up) the righteous to be moved (môṭ = to be shaken, to be overthrown)."

I need to trust more.

There's something about breaking Scripture down into the Hebrew or Greek that just opens it up to you.

Lastly, I've been looking at my plethora of online social media accounts that I've accumulated over the years & thinking about how to streamline everything, clean them up, what to give up on, what to focus on, etc. I gave up on Facebook, it's a joke but before FB hit the big time there was Myspace (MS). We all had an account & at the time it was fun, but it fell by the wayside, was bought, revamped, relaunched, etc. So I checked it out after the revamp & it was kinda cool w/ a side scroll & geared toward musicians. I uploaded a couple of songs, connected w/ some people & then got locked out of my account! After a couple of years I decided to revisit it, 'reset my password & checked it out once again, I think it has potential…

This week, I learned that Twitter has a bunch of features that I never knew existed: Create, Spaces, Communities, CoTweet, Circles, etc. I'm going to seriously check these out.

So, some things are working out (MG+), some things need work on (Me) & other things simply need to be pondered (MS).

Comments

Popular Posts