Personal Log 10.14.23

I don’t have a whole lot of spare time right now, there’s a lot going on in my life at the moment. My mom had a couple of good days this week but the last few days she’s been a bit depressed & in a lot of pain; last night was a rough one for her as, on top of everything else, her blood pressure went wacky & she didn’t get much sleep. It was after 1 am before any of us were able to hit the bed. Sometimes, I think she’s ready to go Home…

I’ve been under attack quite a bit lately; ‘trying to write an outline for the Book of James for the Men’s Group & it’s slow going as there’s just so much to it & in it. The Men’s Group could spend a good year or two just going verse by verse on it, not to mention comparing & contrasting the Beatitudes (which was presented under the Law) w/ the same concepts found in James (which is presented in the light of Grace), it’s all fascinating.

I’m continuing to pray for direction in every area of my life. At times I feel what Yoda said, “Cloudy the future is”; there’s just nothing clear at the moment & to be honest, I hate that but it’s called ‘walking by faith’ for a reason…

The Fall weather finally, finally arrived & I love it; I wait all year for the cooler weather, it’s just my time of year. I love Winter too but I’m really hoping this year we have something of a mild Winter, snow yes but not a ton of it.

Jitsi has been my video conferencing app of choice for the last 2 – 3 years but since they ditched anonymity things have gotten a bit wonky & nothing seems to work. My brother created a room & it was a mess for my brothers & I to use it; we could see ourselves but to each of us, it showed everyone else’ audio/video muted. So… I went to my Outlook page, clicked on Meet Now, created a room, sent the link & bam! It was flawless! Long story short, Skype came to the rescue. If you’ve written off Skype in the past, please reconsider. Is it perfect? No, nothing & no one is, but it’s still pretty good.

Anyway, that’s about it, have to take care of my mom now. So very grateful to still have her & my dad too; for how long, only God knows. 

Comments

Popular Posts