Personal Log 8.2.23 Fatigue

The last couple of weeks have not been the greatest for me; I’m carrying something of a heavy load with my folks’ health but handling it the best I can. I have quite a few plates spinning & sometimes, it feels like it’s too much: 

- juggling several ministries at church

- personal & varied projects

- my own personal health

- increased mental & physical fatigue

But I have to keep reminding myself, “His grace is sufficient, His grace is sufficient, the joy of the Lord is my strength, the joy of the Lord is my strength…”

We had a pretty severe thunderstorm come through last Friday night & it fried quite a few things, not only here but with the neighbors too: 

- pcs & laptops = fried

- cable boxes & routers = fried

- transformers = fried

It’s Wednesday & I’m still fixing things; of course the phone & cable companies are coming out this week to replace some stuff but it’s just “inconvenient” to say the least.

Speaking of things being fried, I have a desktop pc dedicated for my church’s social media & that’s acting up but not as bad  as my laptop/daily driver. It’s running Linux Mint 20.3 Una & that is the worst distro I’ve ever used. I’ve been a fan of Linux Mint for years, it’s never given me any trouble but this particular distro is the worst:

- hangs on shutdown, even closing via the terminal

- browsers unexpectedly close while I’m in the middle of something

- sluggish performance even w/ low swappiness

- overall buggy & full of glitches

It’s tiring that’s for sure & I just don’t have time or patience for technical issues right now, so once again I’m backing everything up on external drives & will probably switch to MX Linux or AV Linux as my daily driver; they appear to be much more stable. Now I have to decide betwixt the two, my brain is beginning to hurt...

At least I don’t have Windows & for that, I’m grateful. 

I’m downloading a couple of French & German Bibles to my tablet & lately, in addition to listening to the audio Bible in English, listening to it in French & German. Though sometimes my brain can’t comprehend it all, my spirit does; that’s one of the mysteries of life… 

I need to devote more time to the following:

- personal prayer & devotions = prioritizing

- practicing guitar, mandolin & keyboard

- immersing myself again in music theory

- musical mentoring & recording

Finally, I have at least 7 more Mayberry Bible Study outlines to write & 4 more Family Classic Bible Study outlines to sketch out; that’s 11 episodes to watch/re-watch & 11 outlines to write/re-write. How am I going to find time to do all this? There’s no other answer than “the anointing”. 

The Mayberry Bible Study helps bring the men together & the Family Classics Bible Study helps bring the congregation together. Though it’s very hard on me especially with everything I have going on, I’ll do it for the greater good of the people bonding, that’s worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts