Personal Log 8.24.23 Misc

I don't have much time for blogging right now, my days are filled up w/ taking care of my folks, taking care of their house (inside & out), taking care of my own health + a plethora of other things including multiple ministries I'm juggling.

Some random thoughts though...

I miss Google+; it was fantastic. The best of Twitter/X, Facebook & even Myspace. Hangouts was incredible but Google, true to form, has the tendency to screw up everything that's going well for them. In my opinion, it was a mistake remove Hangouts from G+ & move it to Youtube, then rename it to Hangouts on Air... to break up the Hangouts app to Chat & Meet... to shut down Google+ completely... I do like the fact that Gmail is the hub for Google ecosystem & I can access everything from there but that could easily have been anchored on Google+.

Skype has been impressive lately & over the last two weeks I've taken a few minutes here & there to check it out, tweak some settings, send some chat messages, etc. There's been some speculation in the news as to what the future of Skype is but as I revisit it, everything looks good. 

As far as I can tell, this is the Skype "Family":

Skype

Skype For Business (now Microsoft Teams)

Skype Insider

Skype Lite

Skype Live Studio

Skype Meet Now

I'm a huge fan of Jitsi, I use Jitsi Meet 90% of the time, Skype 8% of the time & Google Meet & Zoom both hovering at around 1% of the time. This is what works for me. Jitsi now requires authorization to create a room but as of right now, I'm okay w/ that.

I've been learning alot about patience lately, not only in dealing w/ my mom & her health struggles but since I've been taking care of her garden patience has become a reality to me. Planting seeds... watching the seedlings grow... transplanting them to pots then for some, into the ground... watching them grow into maturity... pruning them when necessary... harvesting the crop... for the farmer, the microwave mindset does not exist.

Lastly, I believe we're coming up on some interesting times. Many of the prophetic voices have said that a severe shaking will start in September so be prepared. What form that takes I have no clue but I feel something is about to pop. I'm personally making preparations to have some extra food & water on hand for a short time & also for alternate forms of ministry just in case there's another lockdown or whatnot. There's also people on the Internet who believe that their "God-given ministry" is to expose who they believe to be false pastors/teachers/prophets, etc. No one gets it right 100% of the time, myself included. 

This year marks 50 years of my salvation; that's a long time. The more I dig into the Hebrew & the Greek in my studies, the more I grow in my faith & my walk w/ the Lord. I've had to adjust some things/ideas/mindsets over the years, we all do.

Right now I'm doing a deep dive into the Book of James & then into the Beatitudes, one introduced under Law, the other re-introduced under Grace, it's very interesting comparing/contrasting the two. 

Well, that's it, that's my blog, nothing spectacular or insightful, just ordinary... 


     

Comments

Popular Posts