A Better Way To Pray: Takeaway #4

Another takeaway from Andrew Wommack's 
“A Better Way To Pray” 

Takeaway #4: Constant Communion

Prayer is communion w/ God. If He's w/ you all the time, you ought to be praying all the time. The expression of this communion isn't limited to a particular set of body positions.

Since meditation is prayer (Psalm 5:1), you don't even have to talk out loud; your communion w/ God should be constant.

Here is Psalm 5:1-3 Amplified Bible

"Listen to my words, O Lord, give heed to my sighing and groaning.
Hear the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to You do I pray.
In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare [a prayer, a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart]."

It's appropriate to isolate yourself alone w/ God for special times of intimacy, but not all the time! You must learn to relate to Him in the midst of your daily responsibilities & weekly routines because they occupy the majority of your life.

It's totally unrealistic for spouses to limit their relationship only to “special times” together. Jesus, your eternal husband, is the same. Don't limit your relationship w/ Him only to “dates”. Walk & talk w/ Him all day, every day!

God wants each of us to mature to the point where we can enjoy just hanging out w/ Him. He desires our fellowship when there's nothing being said & nothing specific happening other than being together & loving each other.

Comments

Popular Posts