Personal Log 3.8.2016

My nephew & his wife leave in three weeks for Israel, they'll be living/ministering in downtown Jerusalem for five years. I'll miss them of course, not just because they're family but because they are two of the only people I can really talk to about grace. They caught the same revelation of it at the same time I did & we've spent hours & hours talking about the good news as they have an excellent grasp of it. 

When they leave, I'll be alone in my faith journey. My entire family is saved but they just don't seem to have the same grasp  of grace as my nephew & his wife do.

I literally have no one I can talk w/ ministry – wise about the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh, people claim to know it, 'try to preach/teach it but somehow it's always tied to the law or to works or wrapped up in their denominational doctrine which is usually tied to the law… or to works… & rarely to the finished work of Jesus. 

The fellowship that I had been praying about rejoining has disappointed me, it appears to be business as usual,even under “new management". I'm very careful what I allow myself to be taught, after a steady diet of grace anything else is unpalatable to my spirit. 

In other words: if it's not grace I'm not interested, I'm just... not... interested…

I do meet w/ people on Sunday evenings & they're a great bunch of people, the studies have been good & at times I want to share on something but I have to keep quiet because I'd have to share six hours on something else to lay the foundation for what I initially intended to say. 

I just feel very much alone & isolated in life right now. Don't get me wrong, I've got God & I'm more than good w/ that, but I've never felt more alone than I do at this very moment in time.

No like minded companion to help me…
No like minded fellowship to sharpen me…
No like minded people to minister w/ me...

I'll be honest, it's hard right now but I'll be okay; I'm always growing in the grace & knowledge of Jesus & always, always pressing forward.

Comments

Popular Posts