Saturday Reverie 3.26.2016

reverie: a state of fanciful musing or dreamy meditation...

This is always a weird Saturday, caught between Good Friday & Resurrection Sunday; it's like there's no official name for it: Silent Saturday, Holy Saturday, something…

It's been said that Christmas & Lent/Easter are the only times that many people think about religion. For many, that's the only time they'll attend a church service & many fellowships are well aware of that. When I was growing up, I always thought it strange that we celebrate Christ's birth in December then celebrate His death & resurrection four months later; in my childlike mind He had an accelerated growth spurt & a pretty short life span; the rest of the year He's basically forgotten by the majority of the populace.


I don't want to come across as super-spiritual but I don't think about Jesus at certain times of the year, I think about Jesus all the time:
  • I think about His birth & I'm grateful
  • I think about His life & I'm inspired
  • I think about His death & I'm humbled
  • I think about His resurrection & I'm floored
  • I think about His return & I'm hopeful



This week I finally saw the movie “Risen” AKA CSI: Jerusalem. Due to the recent string of sub-standard Biblical movies that have been released from Hollywood lately my expectations weren't all that high going into this but I was somewhat surprised, it was fairly decent. 

I'm sure that final week for Christ & His disciples was full of emotional turmoil for everyone, especially for His mother Mary. I can relate. Tomorrow my nephew & his wife leave for Jerusalem where they'll be ministering for five years. I met my nephew when he was 48 hours old, watched him grow up & now watching him leave. 

But you know what? Physical separation is only temporary; whether that applies to family or to our Savior. It's a good thing we have both in our hearts ~

Comments

Popular Posts