Saturday Reverie 2.20.2016

reverie = a state of fanciful musing or dreamy meditation…

What a week, very roller coaster = up & down & all over the place. My insomnia kicked in again, some nights I'd go to bed at 10 & wake up at midnight, then be up for another 20 hours or so. Other times I'd toss & turn until 5 am & then get up at 6, it was just rough & this happened the entire week. Needless to say my energy level was nowhere to be found… however, I did resolve to be productive when I was awake, whenever that was so it wasn't a total loss.

'Not sure what the cause of my insomnia is, perhaps I just have a lot on my mind & it's getting to me; usually I just put everything into God's hands & sleep fairly well but this time, things are rolling around, I'm restless... 

I've been trying to read a classic novel & also watch a classic movie once a month; the movie Gone w/ the Wind was a bust & this week I picked up the novel Mutiny on the Bounty. I just couldn't get into it, not one little bit. It was so bloody boring I lost interest halfway into the first chapter.

During the times I was awake & somewhat coherent, I was practicing my scales on the guitar. I've been playing for almost 30 years now & I still practice, it's vital to frequently go back to basics & make sure that your foundation is sure.



My wrist was hurting again this week, the pain started flaring up last Summer; I speak to the pain & it feels much better, but w/ all my practicing it's hurting again, so not sure what to do… I did dust off one of my old electric guitars that I had set up as a lap steel; I tuned it to open E Minor & bam! It clicked. It was groovy. Now I know the lap steel is known for Hawaiian, Country & Blues but it is used in Rock & sitting on my lap, it really helps my wrist as it keeps it level & there's minimal strain, so now I'm rediscovering it & fairly excited.

By the way, here's my music website: www.reverbnation.com/papratt

Well, that's it; lack of sleep + over practice + rediscovery = quite a ride.

Comments

Popular Posts