Personal Log 1.7.2016

I've made it a goal to drop 40 - 50 lbs by June 1st so I've adopted a modified pescetarian diet, which is basically a vegetarian lifestyle which includes fish (my modification includes the occasional chicken & turkey breast). I've cut out potatoes, corn & refined sugar, three things I dearly loved but realized were not good for me personally.



One of the books I've been reading on healthy diets & weight loss recommends a brisk 30 minute walk early in the morning, every morning.

Now, I didn't get alot of sleep last night, 'was tossing & turning, slept a little & woke up very groggy. It's January so I bundled up & went out for my walk.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be; the air was crisp but not that biting cold that January is known for.

Winter is tied w/ Autumn for my favorite season, I love January; it has a freshness to it that the other months lack, although May is a close runner-up in the freshness department... but there's something about the mornings of the first of the year especially w/ clear blue skies contrasting off the snow.

It's a clean slate in so many ways: new year, new day, new mercies... this year will be different, I can feel it, but still taking it one day at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts