Saturday Reverie 1.30.2016


This was actually a pretty quiet week for me...

One thing I learned though was not only to rest in the Lord but to relax in Him. I listened to a sermon called "Relax" from grace teacher Andrew Farley, author of "The Naked Gospel", it was so good & that's what I was doing all week, relaxing... not stressing about my spiritual walk or spiritual growth... just meditating on His Word.... just simply enjoying God... just kicking back & soaking Him in.

My word for this week was:

Insouciant = free from concern, worry or anxiety.

Psalm 55:22
"Cast your burden on the Lord,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved"




1 Peter 5:7 Amplified Bible
 "Casting the whole of your care 
[all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] 
on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully"



This verse really hit me: we're encouraged to cast all our anxieties, worries & concerns on Him, not some but all & not just continually but once & for all; that's heavy stuff there... the second half of this verse states that He cares for you & about you; now that's something to rest relax in!

Comments

Popular Posts