Saturday Reverie 1.16.2016

reverie: a state of dreamy mediation or fanciful musing...

As I look back on this week, I noticed something: I was unfocused.



There's an old saying, “if you chase two rabbits both will escape”, yet we live in a world where multitasking is the norm. Sometimes I have multiple computers running, w/ dual monitors on each, multiple spreadsheets/documents and/or multiple browsers on each monitor & multiple tabs on those browsers.

That's not only a mouthful but an awful lot to keep track of.

On top of that, I was reading multiple books & after a while, they were all one big blur. One of the books was the simple golf devotional “The Master's Grip” & it said that when you tee off, focus on something (if it's a par 5 focus on a tree line or part of the fairway; if it's a par 3 focus on the flag or edge of the green, etc) then swing.

Well, that resonated w/ me. This last week I wasn't finishing anything or it was taking way too long to finish even a simple book due to bouncing back & forth between all of them. To be honest, I can barely remember what I read, the golf devotional excluded.



So if there's one thing I learned this week it's to be more focused = one book at a time for however how long it takes.

As for the computers, perhaps I'll try one pc w/ two monitors: one monitor for browsing/research & the other monitor for spreadsheets/documents.


By doing this, I may even catch me a rabbit.

Comments

  1. There is another aspect to focus, it's clear prioritized goals. - Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right Tim! I've been working on prioritizing some things; it's not my strong point though, but that can help in my "focus".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts