The Invincibility Implementation

Occasionally I like to play video games; they're a great way to unwind after a long day or to pass the time on a rainy Saturday. One of my favorite games is Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS2; words cannot describe how much I love this game.

Here's a confession though: I cheat.

Yep, I cheat... well, kinda. I play w/ two “cheat” codes: invincibility & unlimited ammo. Why? I like the game to mirror my Christian walk.

Whoa! Just how does playing w/ cheat codes mirror Christianity? 

In the Christian walk, we're commanded to put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6):
  • the helmet of salvation
  • the breastplate of righteousness
  • the belt of truth
  • the sword of the Spirit
  • the shoes of peace
  • the shield of faith
The enemy will always attack, somehow, someway; without the armor you'll get hit, w/ the armor you're invincible. The darts will either fall short or have no effect.

It's a long running joke in the Star Wars movies that Stormtrooper armor is about as effective as tin foil = one hit & they're down. So, what's the point of having armor at all if it's useless?



Now, in Battlefront 2 I always play as the Empire, usually as an Imperial Pilot but always w/ invincibility & unlimited ammo. Sometimes I'll run right into the enemy camp & stand there, laughing as they shoot up a storm, the lasers bouncing off of me having zero effect whatsoever. Then I'll open up a barrage & simply mow them all down.

This has radically changed not only how I play the game but how I walk through life. In the game, I have confidence that nothing will hurt me & I boldly explore the worlds & fight the battles w/ victory assured. It's the same thing in life, I have both confidence & boldness, I have both the armor of God & unlimited ammo as God's power & anointing never run out. 

The armor of God is our very own “cheat” code for this life. That doesn't mean we won't get attacked, we're just not going down w/ one hit like the Stormtroopers do. 

Romans 8:37 AMP
“Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us”




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts